Monday, February 11, 2013

LOVE POEMS by Turkish authors (in English and Turkish)









I am not Far

by Orhan Veli Kanık



I am not far from you
Your eyes shall know to look, I am in your looks
Perhaps closer to you than yourself
I am at every beat of your heart...




Uzakta Değilim


Öyle senden uzakta değilim
Görmesini bilsin gözlerin,bakışındayım
Belki sana senden yakın
Çarpan kalbinin her atışınıdayım...









You in a Photo


Yesterday, I saw your eyes in a photo
They were like two stars far away, lost in thoughts
I wish you could know what they told me, in silence
Your looks that became deeper with love.

I felt as if you were not there,
You existed somewhere else, somewhere far away, with me
I saw love shining in your face
Like a mirror in the garden of beauties.

You stepped out of the mirror slowly, timidly
You threw yourself into my arms like a gazelle
With fires in your lips filled with longing

I saw you, and I lived you in a photo
You were so close to me, closer than ever
You told me of the happy days that are yet to come.







Bir Fotoğrafta Sen


Dün bir fotoğrafta gözlerini gördüm
İki uzak yıldız gibiydiler, dalgın
Bilsen neler anlattı bana, sessizce
Bir sevgiyle derinleşen bakışların.

Orda değildin sanki, bir başka yerde
Ötelerde, uzakta benimle vardın
Güzellikler bahçesi ayna gibi
Yansıdığını gördüm yüzünde aşkın.

Bir ara çıktın resimden usulca, ürkek
Bir ceylan gibi kollarıma atıldın
Özlemli dudaklarınla yangın yangın

Seni gördüm, yaşadım bir fotoğrafta
Her zamankinden daha çok bana yakın
Gelecek o mutlu günleri anlattın.


Ümit Yaşar Oğuzcan










Oh, If Only



If I were to travel through the whole infinite galaxy
Saying "This star is yours, this star is mine"
If I were to sit on the moon when I got tired
Watching the world, Oh if only you were by my side



If I could take your hands, shivering from the cold into my hands and warm them
If you could feel the warmth of my heart in your hands
As my eyes explain to you how much I love you
Oh, if only you could but hear it..


With every beat I know that my heart
Sends you through my veins every second
You are always here, look, right here
I put it here on your hand once more, oh if only you could feel it.






Ah keşke




Dolaşsam tüm galakside sınırsızca
O yıldız senin bu yıldız benim diye
Yorulduğumda otururum ayın üstüne
Seyrederken dünyayı ,Ah keşke yanımda olabilsen.



Soğuktan üşüyen ellerini avuçlarıma alsam, ısıtsam
Kalbimin ateşini ellerinde hissetsen,
Gözlerimle anlatırken seni nasıl sevdiğimi
Ah keşke bir dinleyebilsen..



Her atışından bilirim kalbimin
Gönderiyor her saniye seni tüm damarlarıma
Hep burdasın işte tam burada,
Koyupta elini üstüne bir kez ah keşke bir duyabilsen.


(Cenk (cybernetics) )








I Will Hide You


I will hide you, believe me
In what I write, in what I draw
In what I sing, in what I say.

You will stay and no one will know
And no one will see you,
You will live in my eyes.

You will see, you will hear
The gleaming warmth of love,
You will sleep, you will wake up.

You will see that the days passing by
Are not like the ones you used to live,
You will lose yourself in thought.

Understanding a love
Is spending a life,
You will spend it.

I will live you, it can't be told,
I will live in my eyes;
I will hide you in my eyes.

One day, you will just start to tell...
You will look,
I will close my eyes...
You will understand.








Seni Saklayacağım


Seni saklayacağım inan
Yazdıklarımda, çizdiklerimde
Şarkılarımda, sözlerimde.

Sen kalacaksın kimse bilmeyecek
Ve kimseler görmeyecek seni,
Yaşayacaksın gözlerimde.

Sen göreceksin duyacaksın
Parıldayan bir sevi sıcaklığı,
Uyuyacak, uyanacaksın.

Bakacaksın, benzemiyor
Gelen günler geçenlere,
Dalacaksın.

Bir seviyi anlamak
Bir yaşam harcamaktır,
Harcayacaksın.

Seni yaşayacağım, anlatılmaz,
Yaşayacağım gözlerimde;
Gözlerimde saklayacağım.

Bir gün, tam anlatmaya...
Bakacaksın,
Gözlerimi kapayacağım...
Anlayacaksın.



Özdemir Asaf










I Want to Be with You




I couldn't comprehend how, but
We met
Out of nowhere.
Don't ask me why, there is no point
I just wanted to hug you.
I couldn't help myself, and I came to you.

I see now, it was you I have been looking for all my life
Is there anyone who won't open the door when it's love knocking...
It is hard to live alone, but it is even harder to wait
I suffered enough, come and stay with me.
Reason, determination, strength...
They just don't work when you are in love
I want to be with you.

I used to not believe in love
I used to laugh at other people
I used to say, one will create his own destiny
But words are vain when you are in love
My heart goes crazy whenever I see you

Reason, determination, strength...
They just don't work when you are in love
I want to be with you.






Canım Seninle Olmak İstiyor



Nasıl oldu anlayamadım
Tanıştık
Birdenbire
Nedenini sorma boşyere
Seni kucaklamak geldi içimden
Kendimi tutamadım işte geldim yanına

Anladım sendin aradığım hayatım boyunca
Kim koşup açmaz hemen aşk kapıyı çalınca
Yalnız yaşamak zor beklemek ondan da zor
Çektiklerim artık yeter gel benimle ol
Mantık irade kuvvet
Sevince pek işlemiyor
Canım seninle olmak istiyor

İnanmazdım sevgiye
Gülerdim ben herkese
Derdim; insan kısmetini kendi bulur isterse
Oysa sözler ne kadar boş insan sevince
Kalbim sanki deli gibi seni görünce

Mantık irade kuvvet
Sevince pek işlemiyor
Canım seninle olmak istiyor

(poet Zuhal Olcay)













I Am Yours



May the daylight fall upon you every morning

Let it take the dark night's haze off of you

As every morning, I will be loving you this morning too

When you open your eyes they will see my eyes I will be looking at you

And you'll be telling me "you're mine"

I have to be yours, as there won't exist a me without you anyway...







Seninim

Gun isigi düssün üstüne her sabah

Karanlık gecenin pusunu alsin üzerinden

Hersabah gibi bu sabah ta seni seviyor olacagım

Acinca gözlerini, gorecek gözlerin gözlerimi, sana bakıyor olacagim

Hani bana diyorsun ya "benimsin"

Senin olmak gerek, sensiz bir ben olmayacak ki zaten.....


(Cenk)










Love Requires Two People

by Ataol Behramoğlu


Direction of wind changes
Leaves fade suddenly
Ship loses its way on the sea
looks for a harbor in vain
Laughter of a stranger
has already stolen your lover;
The poison gathered in you
will kill only itself
The only thing experienced alone is death
Love requires two people


Even its a memory did not remain
from lovemaking during nights
The skin I touched thousands times
the poems you can write is thousands year far.







Aşk İki Kişiliktir



Değişir rüzgarın yönü,
Solar ansızın yapraklar;
Şaşırır yolunu denizde gemi,
Boşuna bir liman arar.
Gülüşü bir yabancının,
Çalmıştır senden sevdiğini;
İçinde biriken zehir,
Sadece kendini öldürecektir;
Ölümdür yaşanan tek başına
Aşk iki kişiliktir.

Bir anı bile kalmamıştır,
Geceler boyu sevişmelerden;
Binlerce yıl uzaklardadır,
Binlerce kez dokunduğun ten;
Yazabileceğin şiirler,